Breakfast Casseroles, Quiches, Omelets and More Southern Cooking Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Traditional Scotch Eggs Recipe
Traditional Scotch Eggs are a tasty and filling snack or appetizer. Before being fried to perfection, hard-boiled eggs are wrapped in flavorful pork sausage and coated in a crispy bread crumb coating.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Cover the eggs with water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immerse the eggs in ice water to cool.
- Set aside the peeled eggs.
- Combine the sausage, thyme, sage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 6 equal parts and flatten each into a disc.
- Put a peeled egg in the center of each disc and wrap the sausage mixture around it, sealing any seams.
- Each egg should be rolled in flour, then dipped in beaten egg and coated in bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan or pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the Scotch eggs in the hot oil, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a plate lined with paper towels before serving.
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker
The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook
Hamilton Beach 6-In-1 Electric Egg Bites Cooker Plus Poacher
The Egg Cookbook
Breakfast Fried Eggs Recipe
Fried Egg Tacos Recipe
Skillet Fried Eggs Recipe
Fried Eggs in Red Bell Pepper Cups with Dill Recipe