A Fresh Take On Recipes For Morning, Noon, And Night, Shipped Right to Your Door
Smashed Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs Recipe
This recipe for Smashed Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs is a delicious and nutritious breakfast or brunch option. The creamy avocado complements the perfectly poached eggs perfectly, and the optional toppings add a nice touch of flavor and texture. It's also quick to prepare and ready in a matter of minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Toast the bread slices to your preferred crispiness.
- Remove the pit from the avocado and cut it in half.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash it with a fork until it's the consistency you want.
- Season the mashed avocado to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a simmer in a small pot.
- To the water, add the white vinegar.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, crack one egg.
- Stir the water with a spoon in a circular motion, then carefully slide the egg into the center of the pot.
- Rep with the other egg.
- 3-4 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, poach the eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
- Smear the avocado on the toasted bread slices.
- Top each slice of toast with one poached egg.
- If desired, add any additional toppings.
- Serve and have fun.
Poached Egg Accessories
The Good Egg
Frittata And Omelette Double Sided Folding Egg Pan
Ultimate Egg Cookbook
Stackable Egg Steamer Rack Trivet For Instant Pot
Poached Egg Recipes
Poached Egg and Avocado Slices with Cream Cheese, Blueberries and Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Poached Eggs on Avocado Toast with Chives Recipe
Poached Eggs with Bacon Recipe
Eggs Florentine with Mushrooms and Spinach Recipe